Saturday, November 23, 2013

Kind Karma



Thanks to the magical concept of hashtags, networking oneself in social media has gotten a lot easier. People from all over the world are connecting at a much higher rate because they are able to find other people who are interested in or doing the same things. Clicking a single link that consists of anything from a single word to an entire sentence takes us to a place where thousands, if not millions, of people have posted statuses, images, and/or videos in the same category. I suppose hashtags are the inspirational root of this blog. Somehow, (I'm assuming it's hula hoop hashtag related) I recently accumulated over 1,000 followers on my Instagram. I find this amazing and extremely humbling. People constantly communicate with me about similar interests and random topics. The small town I live in doesn't really coincide with my personality, and social networking seems to be the only outlet for my eccentric side. Due to the amount of photos and hula hooping videos I post, people started asking me the infamous three questions: 

"Where did you get those pants?"
"Where did you get that shirt?"
"Where do you get your clothes?"

The answer to these three questions hasn't changed in approximately 10 years. I'm used to random people asking me at the store or a concert, and I've always told them the same thing: At least 98% of my wardrobe consists of one distributor--Soul Flower. Their 'cool threads for kind heads' have provided me with more clothes and compliments than I can fathom. Now that I answer these questions at least once a day, I started tagging Soul Flower's Instagram in my comments in order to provide people with the proper link to their website. They can only be found online, which makes shopping for clothes with them more exciting. You see things you've never seen anywhere and you won't even know what it's really like until you get it. The only guarantee is that you'll fall in love. It's like Christmas every time the mailman delivers a Soul Flower package. Soul Flower noticed my consistent referrals and actually thanked me. That alone was good enough for me. As the compliments and questions continued, my responses did as well, and the next thing I knew, Soul Flower offered to feature me on their blog

I definitely wasn't looking for any recognition. Their company has been so good to me over the years, I thought I was simply returning the favor. They've sent mixed CD's of live shows, thank yous for being a dedicated customer, buttons and magnets, etc. Little did they know that this customer was the same girl advertising them on Instagram like she was in a catalog. (Not that I'm catalog material, but you get the point.) I couldn't believe that an online company could be as personable as they already seemed. They posted my feature on Thursday and I still can't believe it. I never imagined myself actually connecting and communicating with them on a personal level. I just wanted to say thank you again, and remind them how grateful I am; not just for the feature, but for all the years of excellent Customer Service and clothing that I still own and wear. 

If you're someone who likes to dress a little differently than what may be considered the 'average' person, you should really check them out. They never disappoint! Smiles are guaranteed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Thoughts?