Sunday, December 1, 2013

This Girl Is On Fire.

"I will write myself into every corner of the universe, I will keep singing until nothing comes out, I will bounce to the beat until my body stops."

Chloe Duran of Santa Cruz, CA. is a fantastic lyricist and poet. Her pure and honest style comes from a constant flow of inspiration. Her words are raw and relatable, written in a pure and honest style. Chloe's writing reads like a clear series of thoughts. The outlet she finds in writing definitely agrees with her. She recently emailed me some of her work and I felt it needed to be shared. It's time for Chloe to come out of the woodwork!

Her lyrics are mainly rap, and when I read the first song she sent me, her natural talent blew me away. Once this girl adds some beats to her words and puts herself out there, I truly believe she will be someone to look out for. The videos she sent along with the lyrics proved that she can do more than write rap songs. She's a package deal. Nicki Minaj doesn't know it yet, but she's got some competition headed her way.

As for her poetry, the same rules apply. Nothing is hidden beneath the surface. The words are a fresh train of thought. Her style appears simple because it all unfolds naturally. Most writers envy this ability because it's the greatest way to connect with readers. The first poem she sent was actually about me and I have never been more flattered in my life. As a writer from a completely unbiased perspective, I have no other choice but to honestly admit that it's a beautiful poem. If the poem were about any other human being, I still would've fallen in love with it. The rest of her poems possess the same impact because her detail and imagery consistently captivate. I chose to feature the poem about my alias (TwirlingCircus) only because its content is most applicable to this blog's vibe. So here's just a taste of Chloe Duran's gift:


Hooping with her loop 
she's made a believer out of me. 
Twirling with her circus, 
You better believe 
I can feel her soul-- 
From how many states away? 
She's a beauty  
right down to her bones. 
No one can stop 
what she already knows.

Keep spinning in circles, 
Keep em all guessing.
She's a damn rock star-- 
with peace and love 
as her message.

My only suggestion and critique for Chloe: Start a blog and/or a YouTube page so we can see and hopefully hear more!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Thoughts?