Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spectrums of the Pentagram

Since the beginning of time, nearly all religions and beliefs have been misconstrued or misunderstood. Mysticism--a very broad, open-minded, spiritual belief system--might possibly take the lead. There are infinite types of Mysticism. Some aspects include; karma, divinity, reincarnation, unity between ultimate reality and the spiritual world, and living a life on the path to enlightenment. Many Mystics are considered 'Solitary Practitioners' because each individual finds a connection within themselves and the divine in their own way. Other religions and various symbols can be incorporated into Mysticism in order to provide followers with different outlets and approaches. 

In my opinion, the Pentagram is the most commonly misinterpreted and most significant mystic symbol. When people see a pentagram, they immediately seem to think 'Witch!', 'Devil worshipper!', or they're completely off and think it's the Star of David. Google the word "Pentagram" and see the symbol's endless results and fascinating uses. From ancient Greece, to the Latter Day Saint Movement, this symbol has been used nearly everywhere. The most basic concept of the pentagram is the 5 points and their continuous line in 5 straight segments. Each point holds a representation of the 5 elements and one's spiritual connection to them. Here is a basic outline: 



I bought my one and only pentagram in October 2006. I never knew much about them, but the pendant was so beautiful and for some reason it drew me in. I asked the lady at the store what they symbolized when they aren't upside down, and she explained the 5 elements and mystic uses. I've worn the pendant around my neck ever since. I started learning as much as I could about Mysticism. I finally found a belief that made sense. I felt as though I made sense. There are multiple purposes for my pentagram, and I am forever grateful that I found it (or it found me?). It provides my protection and intuition, connects my astrological signs--Taurus and Venus--and the 5 elements. My spirit is the highest element that descends to fire, moves to air, crosses over water, and ends with earth.

My Pentagram

I am fascinated by all religions and beliefs (or lack thereof) because I believe they are all the same. They all end at the same point. They acknowledge or question the existence of a higher power. Higher powers don't need to be a God or a specific figure. They can consist of anything in or outside of ourselves. 



(Because we all know that Pentagrams often remind us of witches and it's almost Halloween, this seemed necessary.)





I intend on conducting more spiritual exploration tomorrow, so tune in to see what's next! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Thoughts?